PURPOSE OF THE PROGRAMME AND ITS SUB-PROGRAMMES
Programme 1 provides support to the line function components of the Department in achieving their goals. The focus for Programme 1 is the provision of finance, corporate and strategic support services to the Department. These include, but are not limited to Financial Management, Human Resource Development, Monitoring and Evaluation, Information Communications Technology (ICT), Legal Services, Management Advisory Services, Labour Relations as well as Security and Occupational Health and Safety.
STRATEGIC GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The strategic goal linked to Programme 1 is that of integrated and transformed service delivery. The strategic objectives for this programme are to:
- Provide effective and efficient corporate and strategic support services to MEC, HOD and the Department.
- Provide effective Human Resource capacity.
- Provide effective, efficient and transparent financial and risk management systems.
The administration function is very crucial in supporting the Department to achieve its objectives. The Auditor-General has raised a number of audit queries that point to the need to strengthen this function. As a result, the Department is prioritizing the following sub-programmes in the long term:
- Good governance and ethical development
- Human Resource Development and Performance management
- Employee Health and Wellness Programme
- Leadership Development
- Business Process Re-engineering Service Delivery Improvement Compliance and Enforcement
- ICT Connectivity and Institutional Memory
- Sound financial administration and a Clean Audit